News and Information
NEW YEAR MESSAGE - 2008
|January 1, 2008
| NEW YEAR MESSAGE - 2008
Countrymen and women,
We are entering the new yea r 2008 to some of us it is the 10th year since we left the CAPRIVI. It is imperative on us to sketch a little bit as to what happened since.
1. Many Caprivians fled into Botswana when it was reported that there will be mass arrest of Political leaders and activists, and that the UDP had some trained armed people, and the trigger happy and murderous army and police of the Namibia regime had shot and killed someone at Linyanti village.
2. The leaders and many other members of UDP crossed into Botswana using unauthorized entry points and authorized ones. All at one point or the other we met at Kasane and eventually transported to Dukwe refugee camp. The leaders and many others were taken to Maghalape prison where we spent some months.
3. During December of 1998 we were then taken to Gaborone, and meanwhile many continued to cross into Botswana and finally to Dukwe refugee camp.
4. Why did so many Caprivians cross into Botswana? Why cross into Botswana?
In my own thinking it was because Botswana is our natural neighbor with which we have cultural and linguist ties, and that at one time Botswana administered the CAPRIVI therefore Botswana did not need any introduction to the CAPRlVl problem.
It is easy to cross into given the long natural border we have, and that Botswana is a democratic country with a good record of receiving and protecting political refugees. WE entered Botswana also to have a place where we could lick our wounds and think how to liberate our motherland the CAPRIVI.
To have a place where we could inform the international world about our plight, and relate the tortures} and murders of our people by the Namibia regime.
5. We have tried in past years since our exile to inform the United Nations and other international organizations about our struggle for freedom and independence.ln some cases our message was received and in others an explanation had to follow many a time.
6. In 1999 August 2nd a different situation of significant importance arose and changed the thrust of our struggle. Many Caprivians were arrested and still remain in prison in Namibia to this day without proper trial. Many were killed whilst in prison by shooting and food poisoning and others died from mysterious illness in prioson.
7. Changed the thrust our struggle. Many Caprivians were arrested and still remain in prison in Namibia to this day without proper trial. Many were killed whilst in prison by shooting and food poisoning and others died from mysterious illness in prison.
8. Then came the sentencing of 10 of our colleagues to 30 years by a kangaroo court and judge by the name of manyarara from Zimbabwe.
9. Many hired witnesses were brought before the so called court and many refused to testify as hired.
10. The Namibian regime is currently trying our colleague in camera, where reporters are not allowed
11 All these antics are being played because the people of the Caprivi have shown their total resolve that they want to be free and have nothing to do with what is called Namibia.
12. Countrymen and women allow me therefore to say to you wherever you are that let us unite our efforts ,it is in unity that we can find strength and wisdom and it is with strength that we can destroy those who are occupying our country by force of arms. Pulling and working together can bring the desired results that are freedom and independence for the CAPRIVI and the People. The oppressive regime of Namibia has run out of ideas as far as the Caprivi is concerned.
13. There is an old song by the Caprivians runs as follows.” DOdi! Lwakena luna ,Qadit Lwakena luna, wena ya bata butanga,luna lubata tukuluho wena yabata butanga unyandisa batu."
14. Last but not least I appeal to all Caprivians at home ,in exile and in the refugee camp to do some soul searching and find your innermost and reach out to the other Caprivians for the good of the struggle and the CAPRIVI.
15. We wish all the Caprivians wherever they are old and young a prosperous and a year to remember 200S.
16. UDP! UDPI Bulela sicaba sa utwal!!!!!!!
| Support Caprivi Freedom
Fill out the form below to become a member of this site and receive our regular newsletter.